When you are thinking of updating or renovating your home, you have many options available for you when it comes to hiring a contractor for the project. But you need to make sure that you are hiring the most reliable and reputable contractor who will work efficiently for completing your project at the right time. There are different factors that you will need to consider when hiring a contractor, but the most crucial factor is the insurance of these professionals. This is especially important because the insurance will protect the contractor as well as the people living/working in the property. Moreover, contractor liability insurance will also offer immense help in the event of damage or accident that might occur when the contractor is working at your property. Since the work of the contractor is filled with different risks, insurance will reduce the extent of property damage or the threat of workers getting injured while working on your project. The insurance policy will also offer financial assistance to the contractors so that you will not have to pay the price for any unforeseen circumstances.
Five reasons to hire contractors with general liability insurance include:
- Protection of the workers- since a construction or renovation project is completed with the use of sizable dangerous equipment, you need to ensure that the contractor is insured before starting the project. General liability insurance plays an essential role in offering extra protection to the contractor as well as the property owners.
- Protection from claims- when construction workers are completing the project, there might be instances of property damage at your property or your neighbors’ property. Hence, with the right insurance policy in place, you will get the right kind of coverage so that you will not face any claims for the damages caused by the workers. You will not be held liable for the contractor’s fault because the insurance policy offers the highest level of protection.
- Long term investment- when the contractors are insured, you will not have to face any risk caused due to injuries or accidents of the construction workers. This is the best way to eliminate the trouble so that no one can sue you for the contractors’ fault.
- Complete peace of mind- hiring an insured contractor is a worry-free experience because these professionals will handle the entire problem that might arise during the construction project. The contractor will handle any delays, mishaps, and challenges associated with the construction project. The insurance will also compensate for the legal fees on behalf of the contractor when he issued by a third party.
- Required by law– hiring an insured contractor is mandatory in many states because accidents or mishaps can take place any time, and an insurance policy will offer you all kinds of protection. Apart from property damage, the insurance policy will also handle issues relating to accident and safety concerns. Moreover, a construction company cannot perform the work legally without getting an insurance policy.
You may always check here to confirm your contractor is licensed in California.